Black bean taco sauce
(for 2-3 servings)
2 cups of black turtle beans, cooked
1-2 brown onions
1-2 cloves of garlic
1 can of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp taco spice mix (see recipe below)
fresh coriander for garnish
1. Fry chopped onions and garlic in 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
2. Add taco spice mix and stir over medium heat for 1-2 mins
3. Add canned tomatoes and beans
4. Let everything simmer for a few minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper, garnish with fresh coriander.
Taco spice mix:
2 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ginger
1 tbsp cacao powder ( if phase 3 onwards)
chili powder (whatever amount your family enjoys)
1. mix everything
2. store in an airtight container.